What is the OE Buoy?
- Technology had been tested in onshore applications for many years.
- Ocean Energy took the concept offshore with a floating device.
- In 2011, Ocean Energy completed over 3 years of open water testing.
- The “OE Buoy” is a Wave Energy Converter – it absorbs energy from ocean waves to generate green, sustainable electricity
- Using the motions of the floating hull induced by passing waves, it transforms wave power into air power – like an air pump
pressurisedair rotates a turbine to generate electricity